Highlux Bespoke Wardrobe Specialists
Highlux is an official partner of raumplus in the UK. 2019 we opened our new showroom in London with custom-made sliding doors,
room dividers and cupboard systems in proven raumplus quality Made in Germany.
HIGHLUX’s mission statement is to enhance clients’ homes and lifestyle, with especially designed and crafted furniture.
Helping our clients enhance their homes and lifestyles -is how we have established and developed HIGHLUX. Listening closely to our clients’ requirements, intuitively turning ideas and dreams, into practical realities and furniture, also gives us – the satisfaction and motivation – to continually strive to develop our craft, services and products.
With a commitment to quality and customer service, we support and nurture, our exceptional team of professionals. We are highly skilled craftsmen, engineers and interior designers. Ensuring top specifications and high-quality finished products, furniture inspired and developed by our HIGHLUX team, is unique, very special, crafted with precision, expertise and care.
Furniture from HIGHLUX – helps to make a Happy Home …
VIEW SHOWROOM MOVIE
Foldaway beds, also called Murphy beds. They can be vertically hidden into a wall or cupboard.
Space saving design that offer a great variety of additional options and tricks like lighting, storage space, extra office structures and so on. One of the key benefits of using a hide away bed is that it allows flexible use of a full-fledged mattress based on a movable construction. Their piston or torsion springs make modern fold away beds easy to lower and lift. The quality of sleep with this full size mattress “device” is like in a standard bed, and it can be used daily without negatively affecting sleep quality.
Knowing how to live in a small house is a matter of taste and organisation. There are people who love this environment and find a place for everything despite small spaces. For others, there can never be enough space and an apartment with a few square meters would be unthinkable for them. It must be said, however, that the quality of life in small rooms also depends on the right furniture. HIGHLUX have a selection of furniture that is ideal for small apartments.
raumplus manufactures customized sliding doors, room dividers, and closet systems.
As a family company headquartered in Bremen/Germany we are able to produce flexibly, from one-off pieces to large quantities.
Established in 1986, raumplus has a trusted heritage of creating innovative, stunning spaces. Expert German engineering
is combined with high quality materials and master craftsmanship.
The brand is now present on all continents and has partners in 70 countries. This includes China, the USA, Canada, Russia, Switzerland and Poland.
With its various range of products raumplus is able not only to produce individual and tailor-made built-in closets and room dividers. raumplus stands for clever and
innovative room solutions beyond standards and usual products.
Anyone can follow standards; this has never encouraged us. We have always taken up the challenge to fulfill customer wishes 100%.
We realize anything for our customers, however taking into account fair trading and behavior. We thus attach great importance to follow the credo of our company founder Jürgen Guddas: to be a fair, respectful and honest Hanseatic businessman and to behave in this manner vis-à-vis our suppliers and many qualified employees.
What is quality? It is more than the use of premium materials, meticulous workmanship, and the creation of a worthy product in the end. It is also more than the detailed inspections and the advancement of form, function, and design.
Quality is all of that but it is foremost a promise to customers. We are devoting special attention to ensuring quality in each area of production of our storage solutions.
We ship our wide range of products to over 70 countries worldwide. From Brazil to Australia, from China to South Africa, raumplus is the epitome of innovative sliding doors, room dividers and wardrobe storage systems.
There is no global player behind this international success but rather a family from Bremen, Germany. Second generation Uta and Carsten D. Bergmann have successfully developed their company into an international brand. A strong team, for whom “Made in Germany” is a family thing.
Our answers to frequently asked questions.
If you don’t find an answer to your question, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How expensive is a raumplus wardrobe with sliding doors (in comparison to a standard wardrobe from another premium-segment supplier)?
- It’s impossible to generalize since a huge range of parameters must be considered when planning a customized wardrobe, all of which affect the price.
Here’s a theoretical example: A built-in closet measuring H 2.4 m and W 3.00 m and with an interior system can cost from £2150 including VAT. This rises, depending on the options and accessories chosen.
That’s why we don’t provide product prices on our website. Every product that leaves our factory is unique. Making it impossible to quote standard prices.
Your specialist dealer will be pleased to advise you; help you to plan your individual dream solution; and then calculate the price.
- Can I buy raumplus products online?
- raumplus products are purchases for life that leave nothing to be desired. Each raumplus product is individual and is only manufactured for you once, so you can only purchase it from specialist dealers. Experience the passion of our dealers, who are looking for the best solution for you in a personalized discussion.
- Where can I buy raumplus products?
- We sell our products exclusively through a network of specialist raumplus dealers.
- How do I find my nearest raumplus specialist dealer?
- Under Your Local Showroom provided on top of navigation bar of our website you will find your nearest specialist dealer.
- How long is the guarantee I get on a raumplus product?
- raumplus stands for quality, which is why we provide purchasers with a 10-year guarantee on products manufactured at our facility in Bremen/Germany and covering design, manufacturing and processing defects as defined by the guarantee provisions in force.
- What makes raumplus products different from other manufacturers’ products?
- Diversity: Design of the frame of the sliding door and colours/decors used; door panels; interior systems; surfaces. We also have the ability to customise the storage solution to exactly fit your room.
Quality: High quality standard of every single component used, across the entire manufacturing process, with every product engineered and manufactured in Germany.
Service: Personal service from planning through installation on site by trained specialist dealers and fitters.
Passion: A massive passion for interior design and customized solutions plus the promise “Made in Germany”.
- What makes your sliding doors different from all the others?
- raumplus doors don’t slide, they glide! For over 30 years now we have focused solely on perfecting the running technique behind sliding doors. With the result that our doors glide shut, often as lightly as a feather. raumplus stands for perfect running technology.
- Does raumplus also sell stand-alone pieces of furniture?
- Yes, our range also includes stand-alone, mobile modular furniture that can adapt to both small rooms and large, open-plan areas. Including formats from short and compact through long and slim. Depending on their dimensions, these pieces can be hung on the wall or mounted on furniture feet, foot stands, or plinth frames.
Thanks to materials, colours, and surfaces that are designed to coordinate with raumplus systems, these products, such as chests of drawers, are perfect both as attractive individual pieces and also in versatile combinations.
- My living room has a complicated footprint. Can I still have a raumplus wardorbe installed?
- Yes, this is where raumplus products are particularly strong. They can be customized to fit your space right down to the last millimetre. No matter whether a small alcove; sloping ceilings; or a chimney breast, speak to our raumplus specialist dealer – we will have a solution.
- What options do I have when designing my raumplus product?
- Every product that leaves our factory in Bremen, Germany is unique. Every closet and door is custom-made to your specifications – allowing you to choose whatever door panel, door frame, colour, or wardrobe design and surface you want. Unleash your creativity!
- Can I change the look of my built-in closet’s sliding doors and/or revamp them to match a new decorating scheme?
- Yes! You can change the panels on your sliding doors to fit your new wishes even years later. A lot of our doors systems are even reversible, meaning you can have different colours on the back of the door and reverse them when you feel like a change. When doing so, you should, however, ask a raumplus specialist dealer to custom plan and realize these changes for you.
- Can I retrofit extras in my existing closet?
- Yes, depending on the wardrobe line you can chose from a wide range of accessories such as a clothes lift; pull-out pants hanger; etc.; all of which can be retrofitted, assuming you have enough space for them.
- Does raumplus sell “barrier-free” products – i.e. that are also suitable for wheelchair users?
- As a matter of principle, all raumplus systems are barrier-free, no matter whether hanging systems that require no bottom track or systems with bottom tracks that are inserted flush to the floor. In addition to this, at only 6 mm high our surface bottom tracks present no obstacle to wheelchair users.
- PRODUCTION, SHIPMENT & INSTALLATION
- How long will it take to make my wardrobe?
- Following consultation with your specialist dealer we can deliver your wardrobe 4 weeks after the design has been approved for manufacture. This ensures that the delivery time and installation are coordinated to avoid any delays and that your specialist dealer can tell you exactly when you can expect your wardrobe, based on our and his order books.
- Where does raumplus manufacture its products?
- raumplus quality products are manufactured at our company headquarters in Bremen / Germany.
- Who will install my raumplus wardrobe?
- As a matter of principle, raumplus wardrobes are installed by trained fitters. Our products are quality products and in line with our philosophy, we also have high standards for installation.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- What solutions can raumplus offer for uneven walls / ceilings or floors?
- We also have solutions for uneven walls, ceilings, and floors. You have various options – the adjustment mechanisms for our doors can already compensate for minor unevenness and, in addition to this, we also offer height-adjustable bottom tracks and a range of wall connectors to balance out uneven walls and floors.
- Can I still install raumplus sliding doors if I have underfloor heating?
- Underfloor heating does not present any problems for our ground-running systems as the bottom track is glued directly to the floor and no screws are required. The situation is different for our hanging sliding door systems or some of our hinged and folding doors as they must be anchored to the floor. In such cases we will need to check beforehand if there is enough space above the underfloor heating for the anchoring mechanism.
- TECHNICAL INFORMATION
- How are the tracks fixed to the floor?
- Depending on the surface (tiles, carpet, wooden floor), bottom tracks are either glued onto or inserted directly into the floor. In some special cases (depending on on-site conditions) it may, however, be necessary to screw the bottom track to the floor. Your raumplus specialist dealer will provide you with more information on this issue.
- How can I get technical information on raumplus products?
- To obtain technical information, simply visit the page Request a Brochure on our website. Here you can view, download or order free brochures or ask your raumplus specialist dealer.